Awesome split jerks must run in the family… Lookin’ Good, Mama B!
5 rounds of:
1 Push Press
1 Dead Hang Pull-Up
3 Push Presses
3 Dead Hang Pull-Ups
Max Push Presses
Max Dead Hang Pull-Ups
Rest 90 sec between rounds
** 110 / 175 **
** Score yourself on the total number of Push Presses and Dead Hang Pull-Ups from all 5 rounds. **
** Refer to the link for the last time we did this workout: **
** Or to the last time we did Push Presses: **
– During the Push Presses
– The dip must be on the HEELS with the knees pushed apart.
– The overhead position needs to have a neutral spine. Avoid Hyper-extension! Brace your belly like you’re about to get punched in the gut. 🙂 Drive your head under the bar and achieve full lock out immediately without a press out. That means really rely on your HIPS to drive the bar up all the way.
– For the Pull-Ups:
– Chin over the bar is the standard, but try to reach your chest.
– Chin means Chin AND whole head. Reaching with the chin with a kinked neck is bad for the neck and a shortchanged ROM.
– If you can’t do Pull-Ups, use Ring Rows and emphasize the pause at the VERY TOP of the Pull-Up. Lead with the Boobies, Not with the Face! 🙂