Skip the reps on ring dips for today. Save it for the workout.
3 x Burgener Warm-Up
(1st & 2nd PVC, 3rd Optional Weighted)
AMRAP in 20 Minutes
8 KBS 24/36
– Strict HSPUs to make it RX
– Kip only if necessary. Like you’ve waited 10 minutes and can’t get any more strict ones.
– Negatives follow that. Be sure to keep them safe. Use control all the way down to the ground. If you can’t do them safely and need an abmat to cushion your “FALL”.. you shouldn’t be doing negatives anymore.
– In that case, get a box or use the tire to do pike HSPUs..
OR.. Hold a handstand or kick to support depending on your needs.
**** Don’t forget what we’ve been practicing with the HSPUs. Maintain proper body positioning first and make sure the ROM stays intact. ****
– Do your best to stick with strict Muscle-Ups as long as possible.
– If you’re kipping, make sure you keep it safe.
No one elbow at a time action.. unless you want to be Dr.Mike’s next appointment.
– If you can’t do Muscle-Ups yet, do a 1 for 1 on False Grip Pull-Ups and Dips.
– If you can’t do pull-ups or dips yet, do the toughest modifications for those exercises.
P.S. This one goes out to EJ after getting her 1st Muscle-Up!