Warm-Up of the Week:
1. Light 400m Run
2. 1 x 10 – 12 of the Following Movements: (8 Minute Cap)
– Wrist Circles
– Shoulder Circles
– Across & Backs (Elbows go Back, Arms Cross Chest)
– Hands on Hips, Back Flexion & Extension
– Trunk Rotation
– Thorasic Spine Opener with Lacrosse (or Tennis) Balls (More than 10)
– Hip Circles
– Samson Stretch (10 Seconds Each Side x 2)
– Hold Bottom of Squat, Raise Hips with Straight Legs (Hold Each Position for 2 Seconds)
– Slow and Controlled Squats with Plate in Front
3. Skill Practice – Hollow Position
We’ll Start the week Focusing on the Hollow Body Position. Then we’ll move into Hollow Rocks. Finally we’ll work on maintaining the Hollow Position primarily in Push-Ups and maybe some other basic gymnastics movements.
Brenny and I have a friend named Matt Whichlinski. Look him up, he’s a badass dude. He literally snatches over 135.. with one arm.
Anyways, during a recent seminar, he said something that made total sense to us. It was something like –
How can anyone expect to preform correct movement during fast, explosive, technical lifts before mastering the basics of moving their own body weight?
Learning the basics of gymnastics is step one and will prepare you for lifting beautifully and Heavy.
And when we say gymnastics, we don’t mean party tricks like the muscle-up. We’re talking about positioning and strength building exercises that will translate into every single movement and lift that we do. Once you learn how to control your body, then you can expect to move external objects with power and efficiency.
Pre-WOD Specific Mobility:
Hip Stretch Variations
5 x 5
3 Second PAUSE in the Bottom of the Squat
– Use a Medium-ish weight that allows you to maintain control, depth and perfect movement throughout the full ROM.
– There won’t be any rushed, questionable reps.
How many times can you sprint up and down the hill?